Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Mcculloch Eager Beaver trimmer - how to remove clutch drum?

SC

07-16-12, 04:19 AM   #1  
Mcculloch Eager Beaver trimmer - how to remove clutch drum?

Not getting any ignition. Replaced the spark plug and bypassed the kill switch and still no ignition. Unable to determine how to remove the clutch drum in order to access the ignition assembly and flywheel. I would appreciate any suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-16-12, 07:17 PM   #2  
I don't know how that one is put together. Some of them require clutch removal before the drum will come off. The clutch may unscrew from the driveshaft in the opposite direction of engine rotation. You may need to take the spark plug out and fill the cylinder with pull rope to stop the engine from turning while trying ti remove it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

IL

07-20-12, 07:26 AM   #3  
removing clutch drum

I also have an eager beaver but you don't have to remove that end of the assembly to get to the flywheel. It's on the other end of the saw. Take off the shroud in front of the engine and you can pull the engine away from the rest of the saw and the ignition is right there. It's probly out of adjustment. I use a business card, insert it between the flywheel and the ignition module and re-tighten it.

Search this Thread