6.75 hp Husquarna carburetor problem

Old 07-24-12, 03:16 PM
6.75 hp Husquarna carburetor problem

I recently "inherited" a Snapper lawnmower that hadn't been started in three years. The label on the cowling says "6.75 hp Husquarna Crown Series", but the cowling has "Briggs and Stratton" stamped everywhere else, including the model #, which is 1901VE 275078. I know the engine is not the original.

I took the carburetor bowl off and cleaned it, sprayed cleaner through the intake, and put carburetor cleaner in the gas. Checked out the float (works fine). Finally got the engine to run. It runs great, but is a pain to start. It cranks over on the first pull, but then I have to push the primer bulb for about two minutes to keep it running. After the two minutes with the process, it runs great. I can even stop to change the bag and it starts right back up and runs great. I've sprayed cleaner through the carb. while it is running. What do I need to do to eliminate the first two minute primer bulb issue?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-12, 07:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like maybe the jet in the nut that holds the bowl on is maybe still a little restricted. Try running some torch tip cleaners through it... they will scrub the old gas varnish out of the holes.

Old 07-25-12, 06:50 AM
Does the nut have two jets? I've blown a full stream of cleaner and a small wire through one. The reason I ask, is I have to unbolt and remove the engine to take the bowl off. Not enough clearance.

Old 07-25-12, 09:59 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yes, but using a wire doesn't necessarily clean the hole all the way to the full diameter of the hole. The wire is almost definitely too small to effectively clean the entire diameter. Thousandths of an inch make a difference when talking about jet size.

Old 07-25-12, 10:48 AM
It actually has three holes, one on eack side and one tiny one throught the center. Hope you get it running. Have a good day.

Old 07-29-12, 07:12 PM
Cleaned all three holes out real well. Now everything works great....Thanks for your help!!!!

Old 07-29-12, 07:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Great, glad we could help!

Old 07-29-12, 11:03 PM
Super, good to hear that.