Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

tecumseh xl oh 160 will not idle smooth

PA

08-14-12, 08:18 AM   #1  
tecumseh xl oh 160 will not idle smooth

I have a miller bluestar 2E ac/dc welder generator with a tecumseh xl oh 160 engine on it. It has a walbro lmh carb on it. the problem is that it will start with the choke and as you start to turn the choke off it starts to surge. It does have auto idle on it and it is working. Then when you turn the choke off completely it quits. I have replaced the o ring for the float needle and put the adjustment screw in the bottom of the carb and also tore it completely apart and cleaned the carb. I'm not to sure where to go from there, any advice would be appreciated.

thanks,
Dave

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

08-14-12, 10:58 AM   #2  
Something is still partially clogged in the carb or mixture screws need to be opened up a little.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

LA

11-26-13, 12:58 AM   #3  
I personally have faught this same problem. I tore apart the carb about 20 times. It was a new carb because I couldn't seem to get orig carb to run right. There is a vent hole that leads out of the front of the carb. The gasket that faces the air filter has a little cutout that is for the vent hole. If you cover it up, it will "hunt" to stay idling. If you line up the cutout for the vent hole, I believe you will solve your issue. Good luck and God Bless.

Search this Thread