Murray belt routing

Old 08-22-12, 04:29 PM
Murray belt routing

PLEASE HELP!!! I bought a Murray riding lawn mower 42in. cut and 19.5hp. The deck belt broke yesterday. I went and bought one and thought I put it on right but I guess not. When I engaged it it sounded horrible and squeaky. It would of cut but it sounded rough. Does anyone have a pic of a diagram for 13a0785t058. I have looked everywhere and can't find one. Also when I bought it I didn't get a manual and there is no diagram on the mower PLEASE HELP. My grass is getting so high I'm afraid it will eat me.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-22-12, 06:13 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
You had this tagged onto an old thread about troybilt mowers, so I removed it and made it into a new thread to keep things relevant.

That model number is an MTD number, so during some research, I found out that apparently MTD bought rights to use the Murray name from briggs and stratton (Murray went out of business, there is no more Murray). Oh joy. With a little more searching, I found this manual that should help:

Murray 38" Side Discharge Riding Mower: Garden Center : Walmart.com

Old 08-22-12, 08:48 PM
Misty Dawn: take a look at this link,,,,it is a picture of a 42" Murray,,,see if this help. May not,,,copy and paste it to your browser. But i'm sure I will get corrected on this also!!

Jacks Small Engine Parts Help Page

Old 08-22-12, 08:57 PM
Misty Dawn: With the model Number that you have presented it come back to a 2012 46" cut and here is the link that shows you belt routing. I hope this helps you. Good luck

Jacks Small Engine Parts Help Page