Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Husqvarna 235 chainsaw

TX

08-23-12, 07:42 PM   #1  
Husqvarna 235 chainsaw

Customer brought this saw in for repair.I had to replace the fuel lines as they were brittle.I found the duckbill in the tank that goes to the gas tank vent.My problem is how do your reinstall the duckbill back in the gas tank.The gas tank is part of the saw housing,this tank vent looks like a little round screen just below the carb. that is pressed in the housing next to the return fuel line that goes to the primer bulb.My question how do you remove the screen to reinstall the duckbill.I have tried to use a pick to remove the screen,but afraid of damaging it.If you look up the parts list it will show you what I'm talking about.This is hard to explain.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links

CO

08-24-12, 07:47 AM   #2  
Yes you need to pull the bronze sinter plug out to replace the duckbill valve. I just drill a small hole into the plug and screw in a small screw and pull it out

TX

08-24-12, 01:24 PM   #3  
Thanks aj-allen your method worked great.I will order a new bronze sinter plug.This is a great forum.

Jerry

Search this Thread