Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Somone please help me

FL

09-05-12, 06:26 PM   #1  
Somone please help me

I have a bolens 6.25 hp engine and i can only find the body model numbers.All i need is the size and what kind of flywheel key to use,It should be the same as a bunch of mowers,Its a self propelled and the part #was 61760 But i dont know if its a half moon or straight or what please help thanks Alan.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-05-12, 07:00 PM   #2  
There is no name on the engine?

That's a Briggs number. It's a straight key, and you can not use a regular piece of keystock bought from the hardware store. You need to buy the alloy key made specifically for briggs engines or you could have a flywheel that explodes while rotating over 3 thousand rounds per minute.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

FL

09-05-12, 07:20 PM   #3  
Oh Yea

It is a briggs and stratton engine sorry but i guess i need to go to a mower shop and ask what size it is there or try and locate a model it seems so hard to get engine model number these days idk.So it straight you say i did go to the hardware glad i posted this thanks for letting me know about the flat stock,Just wish i knew the size now.

FL

09-05-12, 07:44 PM   #4  
Are all b and s engine keys the same?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

09-06-12, 12:03 AM   #5  
Yes, just get any briggs flywheel key.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread