weedeater model ght195 hedge trimmer

Old 09-21-12, 02:47 PM
weedeater model ght195 hedge trimmer

My hedgetrimmer will start but doesn't keep running only would run on half choke. took carb a part blew out also put new gas in. Is there a way of adjusting the carb.thanks ken

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-12, 12:12 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Does yours have adjustment screws? I don't know what carb you have, so I don't know if it's adjustable or not, sounds like it needs a proper cleaning and maybe a kit and lines.

Old 09-23-12, 11:18 AM
Hi cheese it does have adjustment screws but it looks like it needs special tools to adjust them. this hedge trimmer has only been used about 5 times don't think the lines are clogged. I also used carb cleaner on it took bottom off and top.

Old 09-23-12, 04:10 PM
Group Moderator
Lines, jets or passages in the carburetor can be instantly clogged by dirt or old fuel. It does not matter how old the machine is or how often it is used. Tiny little carburetors have really little passages and jets that clog with the tinniest bit of dirt.

Spray carb cleaner can not dissolve dirt (little bits of rock, wood or plastic). If you get lucky it will physically blast the crud out. But I'm betting that you still have a carburetor that needs a proper cleaning.

If you say what brand and model machine you have it would make things much easier. Right now we're just shooting in the dark now knowing what you have.

Old 09-24-12, 06:53 AM
Hi Pilot Dane Its a weedeater ght195 hedgetrimmer