Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Simplicy Landlord Front wheel

OH

09-22-12, 03:34 PM   #1  
Simplicy Landlord Front wheel

I have an old Simplicity Landlord Tractor that picked up a nail a day ago in the left front tire. I figured that I would pop the cap and remove the wheel the conventional way you have to when there are no lug bolts or nuts. Guess again! I worked on this cap for an hour and just barely moved it out an eighth of an inch or so. I do not want to ruin the paint on the wheel by using heat. Anybody know the right way to remove this cap so I can remove the wheel and tire? Model #1690333

Sponsored Links

FL

09-22-12, 04:27 PM   #2  
Hello WML13,

I've got a set of these; Vim Tools V216 Hub and Dust Cap Plier : Amazon.com : Automotive

If the tire is tubeless you could get a tire plug kit from your local auto parts store and plug it on the machine.

You could try a pair of channel lock pliers, Grab it straight on and rock up and down while pulling. If it still won't come try taping up/down/side to side with a small hammer while pulling with channel locks, If all else fails cut the end off with a chisel and hammer then remove the inner part after the wheel is off.

A new cap is only 4.15 plus shipping unless you have a local dealer; OEM Parts

Good Luck

OH

09-22-12, 05:48 PM   #3  
Simplicity Landlord Wheel Hub

I thought I had seen some pliers like this before, but wasn't sure. I know enough gear heads that one of them might have a set. I have a tire plug kit on the shelf, but I wanted to re pack the bearings too. Thank you for the advice on the hammer and channel locks. I am pretty sure those are going to destroy the caps, they are in there REALLY tight. thanks again!

Search this Thread