Dc adaptor for lawnmower

Old 09-27-12, 11:41 AM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Dc adaptor for lawnmower

I am not that familiar with electric and perhaps should not be messing with it. However I found that the regulator on my lawn mower is bad. I believe the alternator puts out in ac around 28 volts. I was curious to know if I could actually take a standard ac dc adapter. The square one that you plug in the house. and use that to convert the alternators power from ac to dc. I don't see why not it seems to me that it will work. Obviously I would have to wire up as I cant just plug it into anything. I just figured it sounds logical to me and would help me get rid of one of the extras I have laying around from all the broken electronics i have laying around.

Old 09-27-12, 11:24 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
No, it's entirely different. The adapter is made for changing 120 volts ac to whatever voltage is marked on the adapter... could be nearly anything. They also are generally only milliamps when you need amps. They also use a hot wire and a neutral wire where the mower doesn't have that type of setup. What do you have? You can rectify it with a diode.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: