Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

98 Murray Rider Engine Swap

TX

10-01-12, 03:06 PM   #1  
98 Murray Rider Engine Swap

Had a hole in the block of the above, found a 13 HP briggs new that I can make work for cheap enough, have to relocate muffler clearance but not a big deal.

What is an issue so far, the wires off the murray are a different color than the new replacement engine and I have no idea whats what..

Starter is hooked up no brainer...

Carb on with no issues yet.

Old mower has a yellow single wire and a pair that are red and white.

New engine has a plug in block that has 4 wires... gray, black, orange and red as pairs... g/b and o/r

Old mower is 98 model 38502X513

Don't know which way to start looking, thanks,

Jeff

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-01-12, 08:29 PM   #2  
2 wires come from under the flywheel. They should come to a rectangular connector by itself that you can plug in where the old engine plugged in. We need to know where the other wires go. One goes to the coil, so it needs to be connected to the wire that grounds out when you turn the engine off. The other is probably to a fuel shutoff solenoid, so it either needs power when the key is on, or remove or disable the solenoid.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TX

10-02-12, 06:00 AM   #3  
Thats a start, I'm tied up with fire dept stuff this evening but will try to keep sorting out on Wed evening. Wife would really like her pasture mower up and running again.

Thanks, Jeff

Search this Thread