walbro lms 3

Old 10-31-12, 06:48 AM
walbro lms 3

disassembled carb, soaked overnight in carb solution. Blew out all ports and rebuilt using same parts,( paid for a rebuild four months ago). carb now floods gas out of choke tube area; small hole on the left side of tube... float appears to work properly, needle valve appears ok too. Any help on this? am i missing some seal? thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-12, 09:15 AM
Sounds like you may have blown the seat out when you were cleaning it, if the needle is solid metal then there should be a rubber/fiber seat in the hole for the needle to seat into to shutoff the fuel, if the needle has a rubber tip the seat will be metal and may have some debris stuck in it. Have a good one. Geo

Old 10-31-12, 11:09 AM
you are correct! the needle is solid steel, no rubber and inside where the seat is, there is no rubber or gasket material there.... what can i do to replace it?

Old 10-31-12, 11:20 AM
Your choices are limited, find the old one or get a new one from a small engine shop, if you find the old one the side with the ribs goes in first, good luck. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-06-12, 06:52 AM
Ok. bought new seat for needle valve, (had to buy whole carb kit), installed it with new needle valve and I have the mower running.... but... when you shut it off. gas will come out of the carb and spill onto the mower.... what am i missing here? if i do not shut off gas valve at gas tank, it will eventually empty the tank..Any help??

Old 11-06-12, 08:06 AM
If you installed a new kit,, you will probably need to adjust the float height to 11/64 gap between the top of the float and the carb body. It seems they no longer make the brass floats and use a plastic replacement. I just installed one and it was a pain getting it adjusted. Have a good one. Geo

Old 11-06-12, 10:04 AM
it is plastic... but how do you adjust it? Do you meausure from the float and what part of the carb body?

Old 11-06-12, 12:58 PM
With the float installed, turn the carb upside down and slide a 11/64 spacer(which nobody has) under the float, I use a 3/16 drill bit, you bend the little metal tab the needle sets on to adjust it, I use a thin bladed screwdriver. I did it with the carb installed but it took several tries and in the end I had almost destroyed the bowl gasket. Have a good one. Geo