Gas Tank Vent Poulan Pro 295

Old 11-08-12, 03:45 AM
Gas Tank Vent Poulan Pro 295

I have looked at a schematic that shows the vent and cap however it does not show the placement. I have looked and can't seem to locate. I have researched some and I see where some have vents in the gas cap, my does not.

Can someone tell me where to look to find it? I need to clean or clear it as my tank is building pressure and I beleive is causing some run and starting issues.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-12, 10:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Some caps are different than others. Some have vents that you can see, others don't. If yours has a thick black cap without a hole in the center, it vents through the two halves of the cap and there isn't a way to clean it that I know of. Replace it or put a tiny hole in it.

Old 11-09-12, 07:32 AM
The vent for the fuel tank is in the cap but it only works one way it lets air in but not back out! The vent in the parts list is the oil tank vent.

Old 11-09-12, 11:37 AM
My gas cap does not have a vent.

The tank has to have a vent right?

Old 11-09-12, 01:31 PM
Sorry for the misleading info. This is what happens when the manufacturer has incorrect info in the parts break down. The fuel tank vent is under the carb adaptor you have to remove the carb & the adaptor plate there is a sinter bronze plug over a duck bill valve (one way as I said) same parts as for the oil tank but the parts breakdown only says one each which lead me to believe that the vent was in the cap

Before I pulled the carb I would empty the fuel tank & put a vacuum pump (hand operated) on the fuel hose if it won't hold a vacuum the vent is good or the fuel line is cracked.

AJ

Old 11-09-12, 03:36 PM
Good call on the vacuum testing. After hooking up a hand held unit to the tank, it would hold vacuum.

Ok, so I removed the carb and base plate, and got to the vent. It has the sintered brass cap on it. So how do I remove it? Do you have to drill it out the brass cap to remove and once the cap is off how do you remove the vent?

Old 11-09-12, 07:07 PM
drill a small hole in it (it isn't very thick) & turn a screw in & pull it out then you can just pick out the duckbill

Old 11-10-12, 04:31 PM
Ok, drilled the hole and put in a screw. It ain't coming out. I put a pair of vise grips on my screw and tried to wiggle it back and forth, and it just bent the screw. I seems that there is a round boss there in the plastic is there anyway that the plastic over the top would keep it from coming out? Like it is pressed in from the bottom?

Old 11-11-12, 09:16 AM
It is pressed in from the top never had one not just pop right out You might have to drill a larger hole & break it out.

It looks like this:

Old 11-13-12, 12:21 PM
There was no bill there. If I put one in does it go bill side first?

Old 11-13-12, 06:25 PM
Yes bill side into the tank so that air can get in but the gas won't come out.