fuel line routing for Craftsman 18" model # 358.350870 ???

Old 11-28-12, 05:08 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: usa
Posts: 26
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
fuel line routing for Craftsman 18" model # 358.350870 ???

I don't need the 16 and 18 inch fuel line routing video from YouTube...only because it Never mentions the little check valve/fitting looking part sitting in the tank...it shows it but the guy on the video never discusses it. My question is...What is it? Is it a check valve or some sort of weird connector? Afetr my lines were eaten by the gas left in the tank for a season...that little nipple thing was sitting in the tank...anyone know what it does and how to configure it into the fuel line route? Would really appreciate any expertise on this...as well as the general routing. Thanks...Tom
PS: I don't have a picture of this fitting/valve but it is orgnge and about 1/4" long and 1/10" tall and both ends are identical and it's hollow.,meaning..no "check" inside the valve unless it was eaten away as well.
Old 11-28-12, 05:34 PM
cheese's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: USA
Posts: 15,889
Received 131 Upvotes on 121 Posts
Toss it. It's just a barb that goes on the line inside the tank to keep the line from getting pulled out.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: