Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

cub cadet LTX1040 wont start.

AL

12-01-12, 08:34 AM   #1  
cub cadet LTX1040 wont start.

I changed the battery but now there is NO power. It wont start, dash does not light up. Tried jumping it off at the starter but it only spins and spins but will not turn over (and still dash does not light up/no power getting to it. Im thinking the spark plug and/or the fuses. Spark plug I got. Fuses I cant locate. Where is the fuse/fuses located?
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-01-12, 10:25 AM   #2  
Jumping it to the starter won't let it start. The fuse can be a lot of places on mowers. Usually there is a small red wire coming from the battery cable side of the solenoid and if you follow it back, you'll find the fuse in that wire.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Group Moderator

NJ

12-01-12, 10:35 AM   #3  
Looks to be a 20 amp fuse. Connects between red wire on starter solenoid and red/white to term B on ignition switch

AL

12-02-12, 10:45 AM   #4  
Found it. Changed the fuse, changed the spark plug Now I got power but the mower still wont start. It continues to spin but wont turn over. New battery has plenty amps. This mower is only two yrs old and only used during spring/summer months. Has the engine locked up somehow?

Group Moderator

NJ

12-02-12, 10:55 AM   #5  
Did you check for spark ?

CANADA

12-02-12, 02:12 PM   #6  

Or the gap of the new plug?

Put the old spark plug back in and see if it starts now that you fixed the fuse.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-02-12, 10:23 PM   #7  
You say it spins, but won't turn over and mention it might be locked up. That doesn't make sense. Spinning and turning over is the same thing. If it's locked up, it won't move at all. Is it turning over, but not starting, or is it not even turning over? with the blown fuse and the jumping stuff, I am thinking that you probably reversed polarity to the system which may very well have burned up your coils and possibly the charging system. Do you have spark (if it's turning over to check it)?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AR

12-03-12, 10:11 AM   #8  
Well said Cheese. It has to be doing one or the other?

Search this Thread