Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

kohler cv20s camshaft removal: help please

FL

12-07-12, 08:27 AM   #1  
kohler cv20s camshaft removal: help please

My camshaft is broken in the middle; the gear side fell out with no problem. The other end rotates in the bearing bore but is resisting serious persuasion with a side hammer. I see no reason for resistance, I find no comments in the manual. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I worry that more force may crack the block but I'm running out of options. Please advise.

Sponsored Links

AR

12-07-12, 02:25 PM   #2  
Have you taken out the lifters? Take valve covers off and loosen rocker arms so push rods come out, then remover lifters also post Model and Spec number.
Good Luck.

FL

12-09-12, 04:02 PM   #3  
yeah done that

thanx mowerdude i appreciate the input the lobe half of the camshaft is the last thing to come out of this block...and a small slide hammer seems inadequate so far. any recommendations on explosives?...just kiddin..seriously though, i want this piece outa my block...HELP!

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

12-09-12, 06:47 PM   #4  
If it's in there that bad, you may have a bad boss in the block anyway and it might ruin it the rest of the way getting it out. I have never run into that scenario before. I have seen crankshafts that didn't want to come out because of scoring. This may be the case here too.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread