Craftsman 4cycle trimmer - assistance finding a carb rebuild kit or primer bulb

Old 12-17-12, 12:34 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman 4cycle trimmer - assistance finding a carb rebuild kit or primer bulb

I have a 4-cycle craftsman trimmer, but I cannot seem to locate a replacement primer bulb (or rebuild kit with one). The replacement carb is about $50, but the existing one seems to function just fine, and thats 1/3 of the entire replacement cost of the trimmer...

The trimmer model # is 316.796140. The replacement carb is MTD 753-05251. There were no part/model numbers identifiable on the carb itself.

I feel confident a rebuild kit probably exists, and if not, that I should be able to find a suitable primer bulb to replace the cracked one...I saw one other thread mentioning a similar situation with the same MTD carb part #, but it went cold without a resolution.

Any assistance you might be able to provide would be greatly appreciated. If I can supply additional information that will help, please let me know.

Old 12-17-12, 01:28 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 31 Upvotes on 29 Posts
I noticed some MTD primer bulbs at my local Lowe's store earlier in the year, there was one package that had an assortment of bulbs, also you could take the original bulb to a small engine shop and they could match it with something. Have a good one. Geo

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: