Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

need help with this linkage tecumseh 5hp

NC

01-11-13, 07:28 AM   #1  
need help with this linkage tecumseh 5hp

could anyone help me with the adjustment on this clip,it is on a 5hp tecumseh power sport, it hooks the throttle plate to the governor arm, (i think that is the correct terms) it wants to stick open, very sensitive have had it working once but was trying to adjust the brake cable and it has fouled up again, i have attached a picture, i can take more if needed, runs great, just stuck open, help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

01-11-13, 08:25 AM   #2  
That looks like a home made linkage. I think all governor linkages I've seen use a "Z" bend in the wire instead of a "U" like on yours which could be the culprit. The Z bend has the wire passing straight (vertically) through the hole with horizontal wire on either side to prevent it from riding up or down. This series of 90 degree bends does not pinch or bind.

This is not your engine but you can see the different shape to the wire.

NC

01-11-13, 08:46 AM   #3  
here is a link to the part on my engine, the part i have looks very similar to me, almost identical. it still could be homemade and probably would be hard to adjust i guess.

36632 - Throttle Link, Tecumseh 36632

Group Moderator

NC

01-11-13, 09:21 AM   #4  
Big swing and a miss on my part.

I would remove the link and move the throttle butterfly and the other parts in the governor linkage independently through their full range of motion to make sure nothing is binding.

NY

01-12-13, 06:17 AM   #5  
The Tecumseh

Many throtle inkages pull, and, and push, so the real thing works the best.
Sid

Search this Thread