ariens 920014 snowblower

Old 12-20-12, 07:20 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
ariens 920014 snowblower

I have this snowblower. New last year but didn't use till today. Got about 3/4 my driveway cleared and started hearing a loud clunking noise that seemed to come every revolution with the wheels. Didn't matter if wheels were locked in or not, and everything seemed to still be working. I shut it down. Re- started and tried different speeds. It is the same noise in all forward gears. First time out...any ideas?

Old 12-23-12, 08:24 AM
S
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The Areans

Stand it up, secure it. and remove the bottom cover, and see what you see. Rotate the wheels, and look, and listen. There might be a loose chain, if this model has chain, or a loose pulley, or anything loose.
Sid

Old 01-12-13, 05:09 PM
S
Apparently adjusted improperly. Replaced friction wheel and re-adjusted. Part $25, time to do it, about 30 -45 minutes.

Old 01-13-13, 06:10 AM
S
The friction disc was worn alot and one 2 inch section of the rubber was pushed off the wheel and the clunk was coming from that metal to metal section every revolution.

Old 01-13-13, 08:37 AM
S
The Ariens

I never had good luck with those vulcanised friction discs. My Sears/ Murray blower [46] yrs old, has a solid rubber disc clamped between two metal plates, and I necer had a bit of trouble with them. I replace the disc every 10 years, and I hope to get another 20 years out of that machine. Yes I take good care of it. That is one of the few parts that are still available.
Sid

Old 01-13-13, 09:28 AM
A
Received 4 Upvotes on 4 Posts
sidny wrote:
I never had good luck with those vulcanised friction discs. My Sears/ Murray blower [46] yrs old, has a solid rubber disc clamped between two metal plates, and I necer had a bit of trouble with them. I replace the disc every 10 years, and I hope to get another 20 years out of that machine. Yes I take good care of it. That is one of the few parts that are still available.
Sid
What is your model number? I stock those discs but have never seen a model that uses them.

Old 01-13-13, 03:14 PM
S
The Ariens

My Sears/Murray 26" 1966 blower model is #536.82230. I have a couple discs in resreve, just in case, the only things that could happen is it could start to harden over time or oil, or grease could get on it, and thats about all.
Sid

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: