Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Carb leaks after shutdown

TX

02-11-13, 01:20 PM   #1  
Carb leaks after shutdown

I have a Husqvarna 125B leaf blower which begins leaking fuel from the carburetor choke shaft after I shut it off. I've rebuilt the carburetor and unplugged the tank cap vent hole, but it still leaks. The carburetor is above the fuel tank, so pressure is pushing the fuel uphill to the carb. It has a manual priming pump. Any ideas for what else to check?

Sponsored Links

MI

02-11-13, 02:14 PM   #2  
My first guess would be that the float is stuck, has a hole in it, or simply needs to be adjusted.

TX

02-11-13, 02:33 PM   #3  
So this is a two-cycle engine with the typical spring-loaded inlet needle valve that the cylinder suction pulls open by a vacuum diaphram. It has no float. In the rebuild process, I replaced both the needle valve, spring and vacuum diaphram. It does seem logical though that the needle valve, which is closed by spring pressure with the engine off, would keep fuel from coming into the carb, even if pressure is trying to push it in. Any other ideas?

Search this Thread