Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Chainsaw problems

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-04-01, 07:37 AM   #1  
I recntly purchased a Poulan farmhand chainsaw.Being a new chainsaw user ,I followed the gas/oil mixing instructions to the letter.I followed the starting instructions as well,but I can only get one brief start after about 15 pulls.After I begin to push in the choke the engine quits.After this the engine won't start at all.

Sponsored Links
's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-04-01, 11:01 AM   #2  
You may have a clogged fuel filter or dirt in the carb , pretty common with chainsaws . Try cleaning the carb , install a new fuel & air filter , make sure the carb is adjusted properly & it should run . Have a look at the spark plug too , it may need to be replaced .

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-04-01, 12:26 PM   #3  
Lear,
Dirty air filter.Chainsaw works like a charm.Thanks man.
cadc

's Avatar
Visiting Guest

02-06-01, 01:54 PM   #4  
I also purchased a poulan chainsaw a couple of years ago and had the same problem . The problem turned out to be a sparkplug with a gap of .o8o" [twice what it should be ] I hope your problem is as easy to correct . Good luck

02-22-07, 02:48 PM   #5  
i had a poulan a few years back and mine had a 3 position choke. all the way out would get it to pop. one notch back in and it would start, you had to let it run for like 30 sec. then push it all the way in and it would cut.
my 2 cents

Search this Thread