Pressure washer not getting water?

Old 04-05-13, 04:14 PM
Pressure washer not getting water?

I have a troy bilt pressure washer that when I hook up all the connections shows that water is going into the inlet but nothing (not even a drop) comes out of the outlet. This is a three year old unit with very little use! Any Nd all suggestions appreciated. I've checked and it doesn't appear that anything is clogged but other than looking up the tube and using a screw driver to try and free up anything that might be there, I am at a loss.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-13, 05:50 PM
Hello Lgb0250,

Can you post the model number off your machine so we can see which pump you have ?

Old 04-05-13, 06:02 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What if you remove the pressure hose from the outlet, still nothing? Or is that what you're describing? Knowing what you have will help.

Old 04-05-13, 06:09 PM
Sorry guys. It a Troy Bilt 2600 model 020344-2. When I pull the hose off the inlet is wet, showing that water is going in but the outlet is completely dry with nothing going to the wand. Thanks.

Old 04-05-13, 06:38 PM
Lgb0250,

First I'd like to say, It very bad leaving these small aluminum pumps sitting up without the use of some type "pump saver" to reduce corrosion, Especially if your using the chemical pick-up option.

See if you can remove the outlet extension and probe through the pressure jet with a piece of wire, You either have a plugged jet or a stuck check valve or possibly the spring corroded and broke.....

Good Luck

Attached Images  
Old 04-06-13, 01:27 PM
Your right 31YTech. Looks like I'm learning the hard way.

Took off the outlet extension and cleaned it. Put it back on and hooked up the water again. For a few minutes I actually had water getting to the wand and coming out, but with no pressure. Then all of a sudden the motor shut down and some gray fluid came out from beneath. Looks like its a dead dog to me. I'll probably order a new pump off of the internet from somewhere. Thanks.