Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Spring startup

NY

04-07-13, 05:19 PM   #1  
Spring startup

Hello.I have a craftsman 15.5 hp 42" ride mower,model #917.271552,it started up first turn of the key yesterday.it ran for about 30 mins and now nothing ,I recharged the battery and it turned over but soon after nothing.I stored it outside for the winter with new oil and the battery disconnected. What did I do wrong here . This has never happened before , I do the same every year with no problems ,please help thanks in advance .Declan

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

04-07-13, 05:27 PM   #2  
Batteries, especially those made for mowers, have a fairly short life span.

I would pull the battery and have it tested. If it's more than three years old, you are probably due for a new one. I keep mine on a battery tender over the winter and it seems to prolong the life a bit.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

Group Moderator

TX

04-07-13, 05:27 PM   #3  
Did you flush out the old gas and put in new?

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-07-13, 06:50 PM   #4  
I agree that the battery is suspect. Mower batteries don't seem to last much more than 2 years anymore.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-08-13, 01:21 PM   #5  
Thanks for all your replays , I flushed out the old gas as per usual, the battery is I'm guessing is four years old, I have ordered a new one, I also tested the solenoid and that seems to be fine , I will wait and see on the new battery, thanks again Declan

Search this Thread