Briggs carb rebuild kit

Old 04-10-13, 10:30 AM
Briggs carb rebuild kit

I inherited an very old (25 - 30 yrs?) MTD roto-tiller. It has always been an ordeal to start, but I never cared too much since I use it twice a year. Now, she's 100% kaput.

I'm thinking carburetor rebuild, since fiddling with the idle mixture has always eventually lead to the engine starting.

Is a kit even available any more? Manual says engine number is 92900 to 92998. 3 1/2 HP. I can't see any actual tags on the engine.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-13, 11:03 AM
Should be a model ID numbers on side of rope recoil(near carburetor) and or may be stamped in top.

Old 04-10-13, 11:11 AM
Group Moderator
That's a Briggs & Stratton engine. Rebuilding that carburetor is pretty easy. If it has not been touched in 25+ years it's probably due. There is a rubber diaphragm that makes up the fuel pump that looses it's stretch and the pickup tube has a screen on the end that probably needs cleaning, not to mention the jets themselves.

Old 04-11-13, 05:43 AM
Mowerdude, good advice - but it's not the original rope recoil...

Thanks

Old 04-11-13, 07:01 AM
Group Moderator
Don't you have the carburetor that sits right on top of the fuel tank. If so, parts are still readily available for it. It is also popular carburetor for kart racing so there are a lot of aftermarket manufacturers that support it.