Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

how to remove pulley nut from mower deck to replace spindle

04-24-13, 06:30 AM   #1  
how to remove pulley nut from mower deck to replace spindle

Hello all, I have a Poulan Pro riding mower that needs new spindles. I replaced one with no problems. The blades are star patterns so I left the blade on, blocked it from turning, and the pulley nut came right off.
However, one the other one, the one that really needs replaced, the star pattern on the bottom of the spindle, is wore out. Completely. I cannot get the blade tight enough to be able to loosing the nut on top. It either keeps turning, or if I try to hold the bottom blade bolt, it loosens the blade bolt back out.
Any suggestions to keep it from turning?
Thanks

Sponsored Links

04-24-13, 08:53 AM   #2  
FYI, I got this fixed. after struggling yesterday for an hour and a half, and working on it this morning, I finally got it.What worked for me, was taking the lock washer, and bending it back out pretty good. Then when I put the blade back on, the washer had enough pressure, to let me loosen the pulley nut on top. So apparently my lock washer was weak, lol
Hope this helps someone else
Orbit

Search this Thread