Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Honda carb problem

TN

05-04-13, 09:43 AM   #1  
Honda carb problem

I'm having a problem with my GCV160 Honda engine. While mowing yesterday, I ran into some hollies and they pushed against the carb linkage, the engine died but restarted again on the first pull. After starting, the engine died after about 2 seconds. As soon as the choke lever moves to off, the engine will quickly slow down and stop. I have tried different spark plugs as per this thread, but no changes. All the linkage springs are connected after the branches mashed in there, but I cant isolate the problem. The engine will start with the choke on and if I keep the choke open, the engine runs smoothly. I actually finished mowing by sticking my work glove against the air filter box to keep the choke lever on. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-04-13, 11:48 AM   #2  
Sounds like some trash got in the carb, or maybe water.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

TN

05-04-13, 02:56 PM   #3  
Thanks for the reply. I sprayed the carb body with cleaner, raised the idle speed and it's running good now.

Search this Thread