Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

starter rope replacement for Cub Cadet cc2090 weed trimmer

IN

05-27-13, 03:12 PM   #1  
starter rope replacement for Cub Cadet cc2090 weed trimmer

My starter rope for my cub cadet cc2090 broke. I bought a replacement rope and took the pole and trimmer assembly and removed the cover off the motor. There is a round piece of metal which I believe may be the clutch rotor assembly that keeps me from removing the plastic cover. I don't know how to get this off to replace the rope. Anyone know how? Thanks.

Sponsored Links

AR

05-27-13, 08:21 PM   #2  
It has a allen head bolt or a torx head bolt down through the clutch housing, take a flash light and look down the hole where the drive cable goes.

IN

05-30-13, 04:10 PM   #3  
Thanks for the info, it was a torx and I got that part off. Now there is another piece, which I believe is still part of the clutch rotor assembly still on the rod keeping me from removing the cover. Do you know how I get this off? Thanks.

Search this Thread
LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: https://www.doityourself.com/forum/outdoor-gasoline-electric-powered-equipment-small-engines/496251-starter-rope-replacement-cub-cadet-cc2090-weed-trimmer.html
Posted By For Type Date
starter rope replacement for Cub Cadet cc2090 weed trimmer - Bartle Doo Article Archives This thread Refback 09-29-17 07:42 AM