Riding mower won't stop

Old 06-19-13, 05:52 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Riding mower won't stop

I have a Briggs and Stratton 13BH660F022 riding mower and yesterday when I was moving the gear selector lever my clutch lever was hard to push in and I heard a loud pop and then my brakes won't work now. The gear selector was hard to move and it wouldn't go into park but now it move freely so something broke. The rider starts and everything works but the brakes wont stop. I have 2 other mowers for parts so I have lots of spare parts but I don't know whats wrong with this I worked on it today for 3-4 hours and thought it was the brake/clutch bar bent or something connected to the bar broke but everything is good there. Any help and all advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 06-19-13, 05:58 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Briggs And Stratton does not make mowers.
It's made by MTD.
Parts and Diagrams for MTD 13BH660F022 (2000)

Old 06-19-13, 06:05 PM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yea I figured it was made by MTD when my other 2 parts mowers are Yard Machines MTD's but my hood says Briggs and Stratton on it so that's why I called it a Briggs and Stratton.
I'm looking at the diagram of the drive assembly and thinking something in the rear end broke or came apart. Looks like I'm pulling the rear drive assembly out of this rider on Friday fun fun. How hard is it to pull this rear end out?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: