Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

25hp Kohler CV730s Exahust Manifold Leak ?

OH

06-27-13, 07:08 PM   #1  
25hp Kohler CV730s Exahust Manifold Leak ?

I have a Kohler 25hp CV730s That has a Exhaust Manifold Leak ? Just put new head gasket on it reassembled engine with " New " Exhaust Manifold Gaskets- While sitting on tractor looking forward the right side exhaust manifold with NEW Gaskets the Right side is leaking at the head ? I tightened nuts on exhaust really snug, but it still has a leak when I start it up I can hear the puffs coming from between exhaust & gasket ? driving me Crazy ! I have had it on & off several times thinking I just didn't have it correctly lined up but it still leaks ? never did it before I changed head gasket ? Please help ?? Thanks for all information ... & your Time

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-13, 12:32 AM   #2  
Is the nut actually tightening the exhaust flange, or it it just getting tight on a bad spot on the threads or something along those lines? If the flange and head are flat and clean, the gasket is good, and the nuts are tight, it won't leak. One of those requirements aren't being met I'd guess.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

AR

06-28-13, 06:02 AM   #3  
You might try some High heat silicone in there and then tighten everything up.

Search this Thread