weed eater not running

Old 07-11-13, 10:17 AM
weed eater not running

i have a poulan pro pole saw model pp446t will not run with less then 3/4 choke. have replaced the carb/fuel lines/filter. will start with full choke but only run with choke at 3/4.turned adjustment screws in and back out 1 turn and 1 1/2 turn no help. had this to repair shop twice before i replaced the carb. but still not fixed. when i got it back the last time i was told that it floods real easy. original problem was could not raise it up to cut branches as it would die.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-11-13, 11:17 AM
I would think the repair shops would have thought of this but did they check the fuel cap. I worked on a similar problem, and finally after about pulling my hair out,I replaced the fuel cap.

Old 07-11-13, 07:18 PM
Was the carb replaced with a new one? If so you may have a vacuum leak. Get it started and idling. Then spray WD40 around the mating surfaces of the carb/gaskets and the end of the crankshaft. If the rpms change you have found a vacuum leak.

Old 07-17-13, 11:52 AM
yes the carb was anew one. i wish i could get it to idle. will only run at full throttle at 3/4 choke. cant get to end of crankshaft.