Poulan Pro BVM200VS 25cc Gas Blower will not stay running

Old 07-13-13, 08:36 AM
Poulan Pro BVM200VS 25cc Gas Blower will not stay running

I have the above listed blower and have used it for the past four years without issue. Earlier this year is started running rough and frequently stalled. I examined it, replaced the spark plug, cleaned up the carburaetor as best I could and also replaced the two fuel lines which run into the gas tank as they were cracked and broken. I couldn't find much information on repairing this model nor replacing the fuel lines. I just cut two new fuel lines of equal length and put them in the tank with the fuel filter on the same side of line it had previously been on. Since then I have seen no improvement. The blower only stays running if I constantly feather the switch on the carb from "half choke" to "run" in order to keep the motor running and even that doesn't work sometimes as it still stalls.

My question is this: Should I now replace the carbureator (the only other thing I can think of to fix the problem) or should I just buy a new blower? Any suggestions anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-13, 02:51 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Replace the carburetor or remove soak it in carburetor cleaner and rebuild it.
If you can find non ethanol fuel in your area you will have far less trouble using it in all your gas powered equipment.

Old 07-14-13, 12:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Before you go digging into the carburetor, take a look at the cylinder. On these blowers, it's common for the cylinder bolts to work loose and draw air, creating a lean condition like you describe. Look down where it bolts to the engine and wiggle the spark plug hard to see if the cylinder moves any. If so, tighten it up and give it a try.

Old 07-15-13, 05:02 AM
Well, I gave both solutions a shot. All the bolts on the cylinder were tight, no play when wiggling the spark plug. Cleaned the carb good again but still no start/run. I ended up ordering a new blower online relatively cheap. I can't really complain too much about this Poulan though, I paid $49.00 for it four years ago and up until this year had no issues to speak of. Thanks for the help guys.

Search this Thread