craftsman 25cc blower revisited.

Old 08-04-13, 04:29 PM
craftsman 25cc blower revisited.

A couple months ago this wouldn't start. I posted here and got great help and it has ran fine until last week. Now, all it will do is idle, if I go off idle it stalls out. The low speed mixture screw works fine, very responsive when adjusting. The high speed one does not seem to do anything, I can run it to closed and about five turns out and it doesn't change. I am thinking there is something in it and will run some gumout through it tomorrow. Sound like I am on the right track? TIA

Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-13, 10:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Yup, sounds like there is something in the carb or possibly a crack in the fuel line or primer bulb.

Old 08-08-13, 06:16 PM
I took carb apart and ran gumout carb spray through every hole and orifice I could find. Still no luck. I have been reading on the Zama carb website, so far I have changed the incoming fuel line, checked the spark arrestor, and checked the metering level. It will idle fine but as soon as I hit the gas it stalls out. I thought it was leaning out but when I checked the plug it was wet. Have not changed the primer bulb or line yet. This thing is only a couple years old and the fuel lines are soft and pliable, not hard and dried out. Any other thoughts? TIA, TH

Old 08-08-13, 07:03 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Look into the throat of the carb when you hit the gas and it stalls. Does gas spray into the throat?

Old 08-09-13, 09:36 PM
Yes, it does. It spits it out into the air filter. I found a new carb online for $33. Wondering if it wouldn't just be easier to replace it? Or is this spitting gas out the back caused from something else? TIA, TH

Old 08-09-13, 11:59 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
For $33 it's probably not worth the hassle of fighting the old one. Sounds like the check valve in the carb body is messed up, and that's not easily repaired on many carbs.

Old 08-11-13, 08:12 AM
I didn't think it was worth the aggravation to keep messing with it when i can get a new one for $33. Hopefully, that will cure it. I will post when i get the new one installed. Thanks again, TH

Old 08-17-13, 07:54 PM
I got the new carb yesterday and installed it today. Runs great, started on second pull. Wish I would have went this way to start with. Thanks again, TH