I need a Kubota ZD326 tech to help me.

Old 09-13-13, 06:32 PM
I need a Kubota ZD326 tech to help me.

Is there somebody out there who knows about them?

OK I'm at my Church mowing the yard. The only place I MOW, it takes me 4 hours to mow the whole place.. On my 60" Diesel mower with 300hrs, been mowing for about 30 min.
THEN The engine STOPS, I take off the blades put my foot on the breaks and it stays running. I take my foot off the breaks and it cuts off no spuddering, just a STOP... I put on the breaks
arms are back, turn the key and nothing happens... I set there for 10 min It Starts and keeps running and I go back mowing.. I been mowing about a hour and a half and it does it again, this time it shuts off, I mean no spuddering just shuts down. I put my breaks on and it now keeps going. I take my foot off the breaks and it dies.
Press down hard and it keeps running.. It sets 10 min I take foot off break and its good to go... I mow another hour fine.. I call the dealer shop guy tells me
sounds like your break switch.. I finish up take it there put a switch on. I come home after I eat supper I start on my 3 acre yard... I been mowing 45 min and it does it again.. I put on my break and it keeps running, this time I let off and it keeps running, I do another 30 min finish the yard..

Shop man told me it could be a seat switch. But the break will keep it running.
Id sure like some help on this.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-13, 06:36 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Sounds like a seat switch to me to.
Mines a JD but it was doing the exact same thing.

Old 09-13-13, 06:59 PM
Did your break keep it going as well?
Tks for the reply on it, At the shop after we took off the break switch he tested the switch and said this is GOOD unless its just not going in far enough.. He did tell me does it again take the seat switch off put this one on it.. How does the break keep it running if the break switch is good??

Old 09-14-13, 04:02 AM
I drive a ZD21, which is older and smaller engine, as you can tell by the nomenclature, but still the 60" solid welded steel deck and diesel. Do you actually have brake pedals? I have a brake pedal for parking and starting the engine, but it must be released in order to run the blade and drive. My braking is via the arm levers being pulled back to the neutral position. Not being there, I would have to say, too, it sounds as if it is a faulty seat switch. With the unit in a neutral state, and the blade running, stand up off the seat. The engine should shut down. The brake switch bypasses the seat switch, so you can exit the mower with the engine running, but the blade can't be engaged. I do that when I go through fence gates, etc.

Old 09-15-13, 07:13 AM
yes it is the Park break that I'm talking about. I mowed yesterday for about a hour and it did not do anything so who knows.

Old 09-15-13, 07:24 AM
If the parking brake is not completely released, the engine will die. It could just need adjusting, or the lever that controls the release may need lubrication to ensure it fully releases the brake. I have started mine, lifted the deck, pulled in the controls and it immediately dies since I forgot to release the brake. It could be that your adjustment is so critically close to causing the switch to activate, that a bump in the lawn causes it to shut down.

Old 09-15-13, 12:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sounds like either the park brake switch or the seat switch is giving intermittent problems.