Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper yard Cruiser or Dixon 4515 Which is better??

CAL

10-17-13, 12:58 PM   #1  
Snapper yard Cruiser or Dixon 4515 Which is better??

I have a small yard and have the opportunity to buy either the Snapper or Dixon mentioned in the header. Both are used but in good condition. Never owned a ZTR. Which is the most trouble free, easier to work on, Better value of the two? Thanks in advance.

IH

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-17-13, 05:21 PM   #2  
Which is in better condition, has more hours, the bigger deck, and has the better engine? There are a lot of missing details to give any real answer. Both are decent mowers, and both could have a variety of engines on them. Both are about the same as far as ease of working on them. Snappers probably are a bit easier to get parts for in most areas.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CAL

10-17-13, 08:02 PM   #3  
Point taken. Both have 15 hp Briggs. 42 inch deck. Dixon has 240 hrs. Snapper has no hour meter. However I guess my question is more in general. All things being equal. Which is the better mower??

Thanks IH

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

10-17-13, 10:17 PM   #4  
I don't have much opinion between the 2. I might lean towards the dixon for reasons I really can't put my finger on... probably just because the whole body lifts up to work on it and it is light and maybe a hair more nimble.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread