Snapper yard Cruiser or Dixon 4515 Which is better??

Old 10-17-13, 12:58 PM
Snapper yard Cruiser or Dixon 4515 Which is better??

I have a small yard and have the opportunity to buy either the Snapper or Dixon mentioned in the header. Both are used but in good condition. Never owned a ZTR. Which is the most trouble free, easier to work on, Better value of the two? Thanks in advance.

IH

Sponsored Links
Old 10-17-13, 05:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Which is in better condition, has more hours, the bigger deck, and has the better engine? There are a lot of missing details to give any real answer. Both are decent mowers, and both could have a variety of engines on them. Both are about the same as far as ease of working on them. Snappers probably are a bit easier to get parts for in most areas.

Old 10-17-13, 08:02 PM
Point taken. Both have 15 hp Briggs. 42 inch deck. Dixon has 240 hrs. Snapper has no hour meter. However I guess my question is more in general. All things being equal. Which is the better mower??

Thanks IH

Old 10-17-13, 10:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't have much opinion between the 2. I might lean towards the dixon for reasons I really can't put my finger on... probably just because the whole body lifts up to work on it and it is light and maybe a hair more nimble.