Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Trouble removing carburetor nuts

PA

10-26-13, 06:51 AM   #1  
Trouble removing carburetor nuts

Hello all,

I attempted to remove the carburetor from a Troybilt rototiller with a Tecumseh HH60 engine. The carb needs a good soaking. When turning the nuts counterclockwise, the nuts and studs turn together! I left it at that to seek some advice. Any suggestions on how to resolve the situation would be appreciated.

Pappadan from PA

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

10-26-13, 07:22 AM   #2  
Should not be an issue.
Should be able to pull out on the carb. at the same time as your turning the nut so it does not hit the casting.

Forum Topic Moderator

WA

10-26-13, 07:50 AM   #3  
Mine have screws with Philip head, not studs. The nuts are pretty tight with the carb body and will not turn. Check to see if yours has screws.

Mike
Retired Real Estate Broker
Home Remodeler
Do it Yourselfer

Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

10-26-13, 08:14 AM   #4  
My Two Cents

Spray nuts and bolts with liquid wrench. Wait ten minutes or so. Tap and/or rap nut and then bolt with hex end wrench to jar them some what. Then use two wrenches. One on the bolt and one on the nut. Hold bolt end with wrench while you loosen the nut. Carefully and slowly so as not to strip threads or break the bolt...

When reinstalling bolt, be sure the treads are clean. Oil threads lightly and tighten using both wrenches. Bolt end held in place to prevent turning while tightening the nut end. Snug it up but due no over tighten. Those types of nuts and bolts are not case hardened steel!!! Threads can strip easily or bolt will or can break!!!...

NY

10-27-13, 01:36 PM   #5  
Trouble

As I recall that carb had two Phillips head screws partly obsecqured by the carb body that screw into the block.
Sid

Search this Thread