Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure washer lube

FL

10-31-13, 11:53 AM   #1  
Pressure washer lube

As a general question, do you have to lube, change oil or what ever to the pressure washer pump itself. If it is model specific, I can add details. It is a Generac, honda engine and an after market pump. It is a horizontal shaft engine, pump mounts to the back. (not under)

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NJ

10-31-13, 12:16 PM   #2  
I've seen recommendations to change every year. I have a Honda engine with a Cat pump and I change mine every other year. I use oil specially for a Cat pump.

FL

10-31-13, 02:32 PM   #3  
The replacement pump was B&S Kit 193476GS. I removed it and looked all over for a oil fill/drain plug. Nothing apparent to me. There is a black pressure relief stem (looks like a chimney) that once I removed it, appeared to be wet with oil. Drained it, about a teaspoon full. Tried to refill, took about 2 teaspoon's full to reach the top (green washer). Mounted the pump back on the engine, pulled the cord several times, the oil level did not change. There is a black plastic plug, hex fitting in middle, not sure if I want to remove that?? (springs, ball bearings etc) Appreciate any help.

Attached Images

FL

11-01-13, 03:09 PM   #4  
Took some time, but finally got to a B&S rep. She said 75w/90 synthetic oil. The black plug with the hex in the middle was the place for the oil. My local B&S guy said 10-30 non detergent, another mower dealer said straight 30W.

Search this Thread