Homelite leaf blower won't start

Old 11-01-13, 07:31 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Homelite leaf blower won't start

I have a Homelite leaf blower model 080264 that won't start. I cannot get gas to the primer bulb. I have replaced the primer bulb & both fuel lines and pump the primer bulb but no gas comes to it. I have blown in both fuel lines and they are open. I can pour a small amount of fuel mixture directly in the carburetor and it will start immediately but stops as soon as the small amount of fuel burns out. Any suggestions?

Old 11-01-13, 07:49 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Replace the whole carburetor or take it apart and soak in carburetor cleaner.
Those carb. are so small it does not take much to mess them up.
Leaving old gas in at the end of the year, running ethanol fuel without an additive to counter act the gelling and corrosive effects or it are enough to mess it up.
Every power equipment company and outboard motor company has warns about using ethanol fuel.
I live in a boating area and I can get nonethanol fuel in at least 5 places within 10 miles. One gas station sells so much they have two pumps for it.
That model # does not come up.
Homelite Carburetors : eReplacementParts.com

Old 11-17-13, 05:29 PM
A
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for your help. Just for information I soaked the carburetor in cleaner to no avail. The carburetor is no longer available so I had a kit installed. Evidently the diaphragm was hard and would not let the gas go through the carb. Once the kit was installed I choked the blower and it cranked and runs. Gas still does not come in the primer bulb but that is immaterial since it runs good anyway.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: