Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman snowblower

CANADA

11-20-13, 03:12 PM   #1  
craftsman snowblower

Hi Guys. New to the forum so hope I'm in the right area. I have an older craftsman snowblower. Not sure of the age but it is an 8 and 26, model # C 459 52250, serial # 498206. I am in need of an auger belt. Since I don,t have a manual, could some one please supply me with a product number or a length for the belt. My local supplier could not come up with one. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Regards. Jim Todd

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

11-21-13, 03:17 AM   #2  
http://www.searspartsdirect.com/
That model # does not come up.

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

VA

11-21-13, 03:28 AM   #3  
Is this just a vee belt? If so here's a calculator to find the length of the belt.
V-Belt Length Calculator
Once you have the length you need to know if it's an A, B, or C. (width)
There's lots of conversion charts for free on line that will give you the different part #'s for different company's.

CANADA

11-21-13, 05:40 AM   #4  
My local supplier could not come up with one.
Was this *local supplier* a small engine repair shop?
If not then I suggest you try a small engine repair shop that sells/fixes lawnmowers and snow blowers. Some other manufacturer makes the blower for Sears -- example MTD.

Unless it's some oddball size I find it strange a replacement belt couldn't be found. Most places will have a measuring gauge to size up the old belt.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/
That model # does not come up.
That may be since the OP is in Canada and since SEARS Canada is different than the US -- they only share the same name.

NY

11-21-13, 06:32 AM   #5  
The Craftsman

If you don't have the old belt to use for comparison, take one of your belts from your pants, and wrap it over both pulleys, and under the tensioner pulley, that might take two people, mark the belt, take it to dealer, or auto parts, and take a couple of belts, that size and one bigger, and one smaller, try them out keep the right one, and return the others.
Sid

CANADA

11-21-13, 06:35 AM   #6  
Hi. Thanks for all the suggestions. Going to try the v belt calculater as the guy down at the shop told me to buy several belts, go home and try them, then bring back those that do not fit. I'm also goin to phone Sears Canada and see what they can tell me.Will Let you know. Regards. Jim

CANADA

11-21-13, 06:33 PM   #7  
Hi. That is exactly what I am going to do except that I will try and find a piece of rope that will fit in the pulley. Thanks again. Jim

CO

11-22-13, 08:10 AM   #8  
Can you post some pictures of the PTO side of the engine? Pictures of the whole machine will help too. Some of us will recognize it. I think that you have an MTD made unit Model 313-826-599(just a wild guess) pictures will tell the whole story.

Search this Thread