Ariens Sno Tek 24" Snowblower will not start

Old 12-05-13, 12:07 PM
Angry Ariens Sno Tek 24" Snowblower will not start

I am hoping to get some help here...Ariens Customer Service just told me to find someone to fix my issue...

I have an Ariens Sno Tek 24" (4Cycle) and it will not start...so far I have put in a new spark plug, fresh gasoline, oil is clean and I have cleaned the carburetor bowl along with the float and the pin (I have not taken off the entire carburetor...not very comfortable doing that but the whole thing seems clean and when I opened up the fuel line when the bowl was off, the fuel was coming through very easily). Before I cleaned the carburetor bowl, when I pull to start it, the engine would just turn and nothing would happen...after I cleaned it, the engine started for a second and immediately shut off....I then cleaned it one more time and same thing happened...engine started for a sec and shuts off...then I cleaned it again but then it would not even start for a second....When I bought the new spark plug, the guy suggested some ether in the carburetor so I sprayed that stuff but no difference....any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-13, 04:23 PM
What engine is on the blower, can you post the engine manufacturer and model numbers, sounds like the main jet is clogged. Have a good one. Geo

Old 12-05-13, 09:46 PM
Thanks for the tip....its one just like this one...

Ariens Sno-Tek 24

I've done a lot of reading today and it def looks like the main jet might be clogged....I'll have to keep searching for some videos on YT and hopefully find one that has the same blower and has instructions on how to completely remove the thing...I guess I'll just start ripping parts off and hope for the best

Thanks again!!

Old 12-06-13, 09:25 PM
So I was able to take the carburetor completely off and cleaned it and did all of that good stuff. It was actually pretty clean....After putting it back together, it started for about 1-2 seconds but it would turn off. It would only start after I pumped the air for about 10 pumps...I have posted a vid on YT where it starts for a second and I was hoping that someone could take a look and maybe be able to tell me what could be wrong...here is that vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjmP...ature=youtu.be

I noticed something weird though...when I was pumping in the air...I noticed that fuel was squiring out of these two little holes in the carburetor...instead of trying to describe this..I made another video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Rc2...ature=youtu.be

Is that supposed to be like that? Or do I need a new carburetor?

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread