Snowblower stalling under load

Old 02-05-14, 03:49 PM
Snowblower stalling under load

i have a 5hp Noma snowblower that runs for a while under load and then stalls.
it starts right up again after i push the primer bulb a couple of times.
i had this problem last year and replace the carburator with new and of course it didn't snow again.
i started during the off season three or four times and let it run for a while with no problem.
i'm using all new fuel and a sparkplug.
any suggestions ?

Paul

Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-14, 07:24 AM
The stalling blower

Did you run the machine dry when you ran it in the summer? The alcohol fueled gas we get nowadays, is really bad. Try putting a teaspoon of gas in the spark plug hole, and see if it will try to run, if it does, then it's a fuel problem. If you saved your carb, open it up and soak it in some carb cleaner, or gum out for a day or so, check all the little jets and stuff. Go on utube and look for a video of carb cleaning for your model carb or engine model, it might be helpful.
Sid

Old 02-06-14, 10:32 AM
Check the fuel cap too. If the vent is clogged the engine will starve for fuel.

Old 02-06-14, 04:06 PM
i did not run dry but i put a really good gas treatment in during the summer. one that i use in my boat and never had a problem with that and those motors are even more sensitive.
i had no problem starting and in fact it runs for quite a while under load, but bogs down and stalls even if i back it out of the snow, keep in mind i'm not even clearing full paths.
the weird thing is it will start right back up, first pull, usually without having to push the primer bulb.
i recleaned carb again last night, ran it again and the same scenario happened.

Old 02-06-14, 04:46 PM
That's pretty normal for a carb that's partially plugged. They'll start on the choke circuit or have enough volume of fuel to start through the low end running circuit, but not enough to take care of the engine when it's loaded heavy.

I would run a little Sea Foam through it. It'll probably clean it right up. You can get that at just about any parts store.

Old 02-09-14, 01:28 PM
i ran a whole bottle of sea foam in it until it was empty, tried it multiple times and after a while it still stalled,(it can run for 10 - 15 min before stalling)
i even loosened the gas cap to see if that would make a difference - no change