Need new pump for Devilbiss Pressure Washer

Old 02-21-14, 12:35 PM
Need new pump for Devilbiss Pressure Washer

I have an old Devilbiss Excell 2400 pressure washer with a 5HP Honda engine with a PK18219 pump attached. The motor, hose, wand, etc. are in great shape, but the pump has finally given up the ghost and should be replaced, I think. I suppose that I could rebuild, but I suspect that a new pump will only be a few dollars more than a complete rebuild kit. I cannot locate the exact replacement, but do see a lot of pumps that claim to be a drop-in fit for the old pump.

Has anybody here had these problems and if so, what did you do?

Anything I should be aware of when working on this?

Thanks for your help!

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-14, 04:15 PM
Lone Star, I have a approx 5 year old Excell 2500 psi washer and the pump went last September. I ordered a new pump, which appears to be better built then the stock one. It was very easy to put on and came with everything needed to install. Before I ordered it I called the company with a lot of questions and they were extremely helpful and answered all questions. The company is PPE-Portable Power Equipment www.ppe-presure-washer-parts.com. Look them up and give them a call, you may be able to get your needed information as rebuilding or buying a new pump.

Old 02-23-14, 11:42 AM
Thanks for the response, Kev91. Sounds like you had a pretty successful repair. I have ordered a new pump from All Parts Equipment in Michigan. Their website looked pretty similar to the one you mentioned, so I hope I get similar results to yours.

Thanks again

Old 03-04-14, 08:25 AM
Just a final follow-up on the repair: The new pump came in with everything needed to install on the old system including a good set of instructions. It took about 30 minutes for the total repair including the break-in of the new pump.