Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Shredder Vac locked up

02-25-14, 01:43 PM   #1  
Shredder Vac locked up

Hi all. I have a Troy Bilt CSV065 shredder/vacuum. After sitting all winter I pulled it out this afternoon to vacuum the pool deck and on the first pull it locked solid. For those who don't know this is a walk behind vacuum with a 5.5 Briggs engine.

It did this last year as well, I suspected a bit of wood jammed in the hammers but after tearing its lower parts into little bits I found nothing though just the dissassembly magically healed the jam. Fast forward to now. I am really not looking forward tp tearing this thing apart again.

Any suggestions as to a cause or a solution will be appreciated.

To reiterate problem: Machine locked up midway through first rope pull. Repeated attempts accomplish nothing. It's pretty solid.

Sponsored Links

CO

02-25-14, 01:57 PM   #2  
Remove the rewind/blower cover & see if you can move the flywheel back & forth. Please remove the spark plug wire first.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-26-14, 12:33 AM   #3  
Or see if you can reverse the engine a bit and see if it comes loose, then maybe you can determine what is hitting/binding.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

02-26-14, 05:50 AM   #4  
The shredder

You might have a fuel lock in the cylinder. Take the spark plug out, then try it again. If not, look for another jam.
Sid

Search this Thread