Shredder Vac locked up

Old 02-25-14, 01:43 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shredder Vac locked up

Hi all. I have a Troy Bilt CSV065 shredder/vacuum. After sitting all winter I pulled it out this afternoon to vacuum the pool deck and on the first pull it locked solid. For those who don't know this is a walk behind vacuum with a 5.5 Briggs engine.

It did this last year as well, I suspected a bit of wood jammed in the hammers but after tearing its lower parts into little bits I found nothing though just the dissassembly magically healed the jam. Fast forward to now. I am really not looking forward tp tearing this thing apart again.

Any suggestions as to a cause or a solution will be appreciated.

To reiterate problem: Machine locked up midway through first rope pull. Repeated attempts accomplish nothing. It's pretty solid.

Old 02-25-14, 01:57 PM
A
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Remove the rewind/blower cover & see if you can move the flywheel back & forth. Please remove the spark plug wire first.

Old 02-26-14, 12:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 54 Votes on 49 Posts
Or see if you can reverse the engine a bit and see if it comes loose, then maybe you can determine what is hitting/binding.

Old 02-26-14, 05:50 AM
S
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
The shredder

You might have a fuel lock in the cylinder. Take the spark plug out, then try it again. If not, look for another jam.
Sid

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: