Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Poulan 2000 chainsaw

TX

03-10-14, 07:41 AM   #1  
Poulan 2000 chainsaw

I'm working on this chainsaw,I have rebuilt the carb..When I throttle the saw up ,it sprays gas back through the throat of the carb...really bad.I have taken the muffler apart,the sparkarrester screen and exhaust port,and muffler are clean.I have seen this before,but never as much gas this saw does.What else would cause this.

Thanks,
Jerry

Sponsored Links

IA

03-10-14, 07:51 AM   #2  
Some two strokes have reed valves that check the back flow other are ported for it. If it doesn't have a reed, the ports wouldn't affect it. Blow by on the rings would, but if it was that bad it wouldn't have enough compression to start it. That would leave the muffler or spark arrestor being completely plugged.

TX

03-11-14, 08:06 PM   #3  
marbobj,I adjusted the high and low needles again.Finally got the saw to run.It still sprays gas back through the throat of the carb. It has 120# of compression.The muffler and exhaust ports are clean.Thanks for your input.

Jerry

IA

03-12-14, 05:06 AM   #4  
Jerry:

#120 is about all you'll find on that saw. It must be something in the carburetor.

I wonder if the needle on the reservoir for the fuel pump is seating. IF that's a Walbro carb the full kits usually have two needles in them. Did you match the new with the old one?

Also did you put both the gasket and diaphragm in the right order and set the lever? I'm thinking the pump may be over feeding the metering system on the carb. If that's the case, the spray wouldn't be coming from crankcase pulse through the carb throat, but from the inlets on the carburetor throwing out too much fuel.

Also once you've ran it for a minute or so, see if the gas tank is pressuring. Watch your face when you crack the cap.

Search this Thread