B&S 18Hp Intek OHV Floods out

Old 03-25-14, 08:30 PM
B&S 18Hp Intek OHV Floods out

I've had this Troy-Built Tractor for 12 years now and now have a flooding problem. I've already done the most obvious like remove the carb, replaced all gaskets/seals, new needle valve, new fueline, filter, oil filter, oil and also the needle seat. Put it all back together and in less than 20 minutes the intake was already full to the top and the oil already had gas in it again and this was without running the engine at all. The float is a non-adjustable plastic float and it is dry.

I am now thinking I may have installed the wrong seat because the carb kit came with two different sizes(small & large hole at bottom), I installed the large hole seat.

Anyone know which seat should be used or any other advise? My grass is growing...FAST!

Engine Model: 31H777 Type: 0210E1 Code: 020524ZA
Carb: Walbro LMT
Carb rebuild kit: 697241

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-14, 09:02 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Simple enough to check if it's the float.
Remove the bowl, fuel should run out, lift the bowl and the fuel should shut off.
What did you do to clean the carb.?
The best way is to take it some place that has an ultrasonic cleaner.
Second best is to soak it in carb. cleaner.

Old 03-25-14, 10:42 PM
I used a carb cleaner bath and soaked it for about 30 minutes. I do have a ultra sonic cleaner but it heats up the liquid to about 135 degrees and the instructions for the cleaner says not to get it warmer than I think 110 degrees. Right now the carb is off the engine because I was thinking about changing the seat with the smaller hole so I can't check the bowl as you said right now. Before I took the carb off though I did notice that the bowl would go past level like the needle was going too far down maybe because the seat I had in there was too big and the needle was not closing causing the flooding.

Old 03-27-14, 05:55 PM
Anyone? Someone surely has replaced the seat in their Walbro LMT carb using the 697241 rebuild kit for it.

Large hole seat = .071"

Small hole seat = .049"

Old 03-28-14, 09:52 AM
while i'm Not familiar with that particular carb.
in general, assemble the needel, seat, float.
turn carb UPside down, observe the float, it should be pretty much paralell with the bowl surface, & try installing a piece of hose on the fuel inlet. & blow (by mouth) whule inverting the carb, to see if the needel is in fact closing

Old 03-28-14, 01:31 PM
OK, I can try that. I was just wanting too know which one to install because if it's the wrong one, I'll ruin it taking it out.

Old 03-29-14, 10:43 PM
Well, since I tried the seat with the large hole before last week and all it did was flood the carb in about an hour I went ahead and installed the seat with the small hole and the tractor is up and running great now.

So if anyone is rebuilding their Walbro LMT carb and uses the Carb Overhaul kit #697241, use the seat with the small hole.