Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Powere washer soap

NY

03-30-14, 01:05 PM   #1  
Powere washer soap

I have an older Honda 3000 11 hp gx340 powere washer. Does anyone know if there is a way to add an inline detergennt cartridge or some sort of system to wash my home instead of only using water?

Cheers!

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

GA

03-30-14, 01:23 PM   #2  
Most pressure washers have inlet barbs just ahead of the outlet that provides a mixing point for cleaners. Honda 3000 is a generator, and GX340 is the motor type, so we still don't know what type washer you have.

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

03-31-14, 04:15 AM   #3  
IMO it's better to apply any cleaner with a pump up garden sprayer and then use the PWer for rinsing. You get better control using a garden sprayer and it doesn't take as much cleaner. My PWer came with a siphon attachment but I've never used it. I think most PWers built in the last 25-30 yrs came with a siphon hook up.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

NY

03-31-14, 03:37 PM   #4  
Not sure of other info. It is 3000psi. It does not have a built in detergent tank or hose. Is there something you would attach between the water hose and the washer? Or is there something you attach to the wand that mixes with water?
Cheers!

Forum Topic Moderator

TN

04-01-14, 04:22 AM   #5  
I'd have to go out to the shop and look to know for sure but there should be a fitting on the pump where you connect a small hose [1/4" diameter ?] to use for siphoning. I'm sure the hose is long gone on mine but the fitting would still be there. Personally, I don't like running chemicals thru my pump and as stated earlier using a pump up garden sprayer to apply the cleaning agent is more effective. The cleaner isn't mixed with as much water and can be placed better where you need it.

retired painter/contractor avid DIYer

Search this Thread