Toro CCR 2400 E GTS Snow Blower

Old 04-03-14, 07:59 PM
Toro CCR 2400 E GTS Snow Blower

I have a Toro CCR 2400 E GTS Snow Blower that I am working on and need to know where the two wires running from the ignition connect? One of them is connected to a bolt on the engine which is obviousley a ground but the other has a pink plastic connector on the end that has to connect to something but I don't see anything to connect it to. Does anyone know where it goes?

Last edited by Preach; 04-03-14 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Spelling Corrections
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-14, 08:54 AM
Yep. That goes back tot he ignition coil/module. Just follow the spark plug wire back. It connects to the same place as the kill wire you have the question on.

Old 04-04-14, 12:38 PM
Ignition Wiring Harness

Attached is a picture of the two wires that run from the ignition switch and I need to know where the one with the red female connectors attaches?

Attached Images   

Last edited by Preach; 04-04-14 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Add Another Picture for Clarity
Old 04-05-14, 08:50 AM
It could go to a safety switch enroute to an ignition module, but that's where that circuit coming from a two wire ignition switch would wind up.

If there aren't any safety switches, then it should connect directly to the ignition module which is what you would find by following the spark plug wire back.

Old 04-05-14, 10:09 AM
The engine starts and runs even with the wires to the back of the key switch disconnected. I had a heck of a time shutting it down. Had to wait for it to run out of gas. The engine would race and sound like it was going to take off and then slow down and then race again over and over.

Last edited by Preach; 04-05-14 at 10:11 AM. Reason: Correct Spelling
Old 04-05-14, 10:21 AM
The running with the wires disconnected would be normal. That engine is grounded to kill. Ungrounded it would run. If both wires are connected as they should be and the switch is bad to give you continuity full time, the engine wouldn't start/run.

The surging is characteristic of a fuel issue = too lean = like running out of gas.

Old 04-06-14, 10:03 PM
Thanks, I followed the sparkplug wire back like you said and found the place to connect the loose wire and the ignition works properly now. But am still having the problem with the engine riving up and down to the point it sounds like the machine is going to takeoff or blow up. I took the carb apart and made sure all of the little holes are open. I am using fresh gas and new bottle of 50/1 oil addative 2.6 ounces to 1 gallon of gasoline. I didn't put much gas in the tank because I will be storing the machine until winter and have to use up what I put in.

Old 04-07-14, 03:26 AM
A two cycle normally doesn't have a governor for the rpms. That leaves fuel/air mixture as being too lean. With the carb clean, have you tried adjusting the mixture if you have any adjusting screws on it?

If that doesn't do anything, it leaves either an air leak or delivery from the tank to the carb. The latter would involve the fuel filter plugged, the gas cap vent plugged, or vacuum leaks around gaskets (spray WD40 around the intake to see if rpms change) or vacuum leaks around the crank seals.

Old 04-13-14, 10:46 AM
Carb jet

more than likely you engine has a plastic carb that is basically from the discontinued Lawn Boy 2cycyle. On the side of the carb is a tape with writing or numbers on it. Under it is a jet that can be screwed out. There is a very fine hole in the jet end that is facing in towards the carb. You need a very fine wire that is about the size of the wire in some twist ties to see the hole is open. Also in the carb is another fast idle jet that also needs to checked for fully opened. Between these two jets the fuel flow is regulated and make the engine run smoothly. If either is not clean the engine will surge fast and then slow. There is an air vane governor attached to the main throttle valve that regulates the speed with the help of a spring attached between the throttle valve and a mounting post on the carb attachment. The tension of the spring determines the speed at which the engine runs for best power in blowing snow. Retired now but still have these units brought to my house for repairs.