2008 Craftsman LT2000 Model 917.273140

Old 04-06-14, 06:12 PM
2008 Craftsman LT2000 Model 917.273140

Guys,

I just bought a used Craftsman LT2000 (Model 917.273140) with the 17HP Kohler engine. I used it for the first time today. It died suddenly while finishing up the front yard. I noticed there is a red wire hanging down near the fuel shut off valve. Is this the reason that it will not start? Where does this red wire connect to? Can I just use my wire splicers and re-connect? Do I need to disconnect the battery? See photo and let me know. Thank you!!

Jason Rockhill

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-14, 11:47 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
See that silver can shaped thing above the wire on the bottom of the carburetor? That's where the wire broke from. It looks like it broke off right where it went in, so you probably can't splice it. You can remove it (it's a fuel shutoff solenoid) and possibly disable it, depending on what type it is. If it has a needle sticking out the end, you can clip it off nad put the solenoid back in place and use the mower just fine.

Old 04-07-14, 08:09 AM
Can you explain further on this? So, this particular model floods very easily if the fuel shutoff is not closed. Would this make it non-workable?

You can remove it (it's a fuel shutoff solenoid) and possibly disable it, depending on what type it is. If it has a needle sticking out the end, you can clip it off nad put the solenoid back in place and use the mower just fine.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/forum/ou...#ixzz2yDIE2UgC

Old 04-07-14, 08:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
It's always a good idea to disconnect the battery when hooking up anything electrical.

I don't know anything about riding mowers but my son has that same mover [possibly same yr] that he got new and has been well pleased with it. He has 2-3 acres that he mows with it.

Old 04-07-14, 02:37 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The solenoid has nothing to do with the engine flooding. It won't flood if the solenoid works or doesn't work... not sure what you're talking about.