Poulan/Weed Eater Model 2510 Electric Leaf Blower

Old 04-18-14, 12:28 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Poulan/Weed Eater Model 2510 Electric Leaf Blower

The spacer that keeps the blower fan from rubbing on the motor assembly has deteriorated. To replace it I need to remove the fan wheel. Can anyone tell me if that wheel is pressed on? I assume it is but would like to know before I try to remove. Thanks.

Old 04-19-14, 03:45 PM
M
Received 36 Upvotes on 35 Posts
I would be a little cautious with that. With the size of the wheel and the size of the shaft It really needs a key way or a threaded shaft to handle the torque of the shaft to the wheel. I haven't had one apart myself, but I wouldn't pull too hard on it without knowing.

Which I assume is the reason for your asking.

Old 04-19-14, 05:04 PM
M
Received 36 Upvotes on 35 Posts
I found that wheel replacement part at Repair Clinic and the image they show looks like there are threads in the mounting hole.

They would be reverse of the rotation of the shaft and there may be a locking pin hole in the shaft somewhere to hold it for removal of the wheel.

Old 04-21-14, 01:36 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the Repair Clinic lead. I did not know about that one. The view from the hub side does look like threads. It is threaded and there is no provision for holding the shaft but there is enough shaft at the top for vice grips. Just a ring of the spacer was left; it had worn completely through. Parts are on order. Thanks for the replies.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: