Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

An HMSK80

NY

04-22-14, 05:57 AM   #1  
An HMSK80

Hi All
I bought a '95 Murray snowblower that has low hrs but was stored outside for several years. I was checking the engine [ Tech], and I rotated it by hand, and I would hear a click near TDC. I was afraid to run it, so I opened it up. The engine could not have more than 10 to 20 hrs on it, every thing was clean and tight. What I did see was what looks like a unloader on the exh valve cam lobe, that I think is what making the clicking noise. Please tell me that that unloader is is noisy. Thanks.
Sid

Sponsored Links

NY

04-24-14, 06:26 AM   #2  
Maybe I should have said a snowblower engine. I was hoping that someone might of had the same experience that I had with this engine.
Sid

Group Moderator

NC

04-24-14, 08:05 AM   #3  
I assume what you're seeing is the compression release to make it easier to start. I've never really called them noisy though. Something you had to be listening for.

NY

04-24-14, 02:51 PM   #4  
The Hmsh80

Yeah, I heard the clicks when I rotated the engine by hand, and I just wasn't sure that it was not something bad. I got a couple of assurances that it was more or less normal, and I will see what happens, as soon as I get new oil seals. Thanks.
Sid

NY

05-06-14, 05:29 AM   #5  
The HMS80

Well I finally closed it up, and it seems to be running fine. The test will be the first snow next season. Thanks.
Sid

Search this Thread