Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cheese I need your help: troy bilt 2700 PSI B&S power washer.. NOT PULLING

NJ

04-22-14, 06:27 PM   #1  
Cheese I need your help: troy bilt 2700 PSI B&S power washer.. NOT PULLING

okay here's the entire story, last year in mid use it stopped working (just cut out) i went to pull it to start again and one of the stoppers inside popped out of place and the pull cord came all the way out of the housing without retracting back. I was essentially done with the job so i put it away without fixing it.. The other day i took the housing off replaced the stopper and it immediately recoiled and i was happy. however, after putting it back together i attempted to start it and it locked up on me not letting me pull it out more than a couple of inches. I took the housing off again. I attempted to turn the fly wheel inside and after two manual rotations it became really resistant, then released for two more rotations and became resistant again. checked oil and gas all good. i saw on another forum, one guy said to remove the spark plug, i did and the rotations were easy, no resistance at all.. however as soon as i put the spark plug back the same thing happens two manual rotations and then resistance, what is going on here? why did i remove he spark plug and more importantly why was the spark plug so significant in the fly wheel turning? obviously i cant start it without the plug.. what do i do? It is two years old with less then 20 hours on it.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-23-14, 06:21 PM   #2  
Was the spark plug wet with gas or oil? Was the unit tipped over during storage? Sounds to me like there is gas or oil in the cylinder, making it hard to turn.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread