Craftsman Tractor model #24728905

Old 05-03-14, 02:03 PM
Craftsman Tractor model #24728905

Hello! I'm a novice so please bear with me- I have a Craftsman L2000 and the wheel on the left side of my deck has broken off, along with the "mounting bracket" that you'd screw a new wheel on to. After searching online I've decided I need parts #58,57 and 17.. All of which are affordable, but I'm trying to get away without buying an entire new deck, because it's 270 from Sears! Has anyone ever fixed aka rigged a new wheel successfully? I just can't see having to get a whole new deck.
Side note- I'm going to get new blades, but it seems awfully shakey. With the blade all the way up it's cutting really low on left side.
Any and all feed back is MUCH appreciated!
Parts diagram http://c.searspartsdirect.com/lis_pn...274P-00008.png

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-14, 02:10 PM
If you still have what broke off, it is a simple welding job to re-attach the bracket to mower deck. If not, a welding shop can fabricate a new bracket and weld it on for a lot less $$ than a new deck.

Over the years I have repaired many decks with your problem.

RR

Old 05-03-14, 02:18 PM
Thanks

Sounds good to me, I'm going to go ahead and order the new parts then take to a welder. I was hoping someone else had dealt with this before!
Thanks!

Old 05-03-14, 02:45 PM
In ordering parts, you might want to first evaluate what is the cause of the "shakiness" and the difference in height between the two (?) blades. Sometimes, a bad bearing in one of the spindles (quill assemblies) can cause quite a bit of vibration. Because shipping constitutes such a large percentage of the costs of ordering parts on-line, you might want to see what the cause of the cutting irregularity is before placing the order . . . . nothing will be shipped until Monday anyway.

Old 05-03-14, 03:21 PM
Yeah, another chick seeking DIY assistance! woot woot